Tuesday, February 5, 2013

A Few Favorite Paintings by Heather Green


Last week
I had the distinct pleasure
to photograph the portfolio of paintings and drawings,
a beautiful and interesting collection,
of the artist 
Heather Green.
Yesterday,
as I came to the end 
of editing the photographs,
I paused with my work,
for I felt a sadness, a regret,
that soon my work would be completed.
I have experienced such a profound delight,
inspiration and prayerful wonder
looking at the art of Heather Green.
There is a spiritual coloring found in some of her work,
for me reminiscent of the photo-secessionists; 
Heather, indeed, often paints from Polaroids.
The landscapes are both lyrical and modern,
Pastels are charged with eroticism.
Music, magic, and motion influence her art.
Her vision.

Here are a few of my favorites:









 
And here is Heather:


Heather is a graduate of The University of Massachusetts, Fine Arts.
Her website is under construction.
~~~

If you are looking for distinctive portrait, nature, or documentary photography,
or someone you know is looking
for photography that helps to create a more artful and beautiful life,
please contact me.

1 comment:

  1. i could spend a good long time inside that first piece. wow. i can see how you were moved, bruce.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...