Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Good People at High Point

After fours days our heat is back on here at home. Others, however, still suffer in the cold; some take refuge in a local shelter.

Today, now that electricity is restored at our home, I will begin editing the photos I took for Pandora de Balthazar European Luxury Bedding in High Point: pillows, bedding, linens, textiles.

For example:

Photo by Bruce Barone.

The contest I created to encourage traffic to her Facebook page was a great success and it was fun to photograph people in bed:

Danielle Hatfield, Chief Dirt Digger at Experience Farm. Photo by Bruce Barone.
Olivia Millwood, GotoGirls. Photo by Bruce Barone.
Donna Hazzard, Greenpieced. Photo by Bruce Barone.
There are dozens more photographs of people in bed; men, too. But let's move on to "The Good People at High Point."

It was thrilling and rewarding to meet so many kind, friendly, generous, inspiring people.

Each name, each person, a poem, a song. Let's listen. Let's read aloud:

Mary Knackstedt
Martha Daley
Kate Van Byssum
Jennifer Eakins
Patsy P Anderson
Jennifer Duchene
Barry Darr Dixon
Mary McDonald
Brandon Pierce
Margaret Russell
Kathryn Greeley
Lauren Saul
Amanda Lane
Lisa Kahn
Maybelline Te
Julie Hoover
Tamara Leicester
Leslie Carothers
Charmaine Wynter

I hear a song. I sing a song. To these good people.

I may have forgotten to list a few people and to them I apologize. Here is one last photograph:

A beautiful antique textile from Pandora.
~

If you want distinctive nature, documentary or portrait photography--photography with soul that inspires you to live a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me.

2 comments:

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...