Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Lent From A Different Perspective


Today is the first day of Lent.
Lent can be a time of spiritual transformation
as we release negative habits and thoughts.
I am aware that this time can be used to turn from the simple act
of giving up things to a more positive commitment
to take up the practice of high-level thinking.

   I am taking up the daily practice of joy, gratitude,
speaking positive words and committing myself
to daily sharing my photography with love.
 I am, simply, turning away
 from the simple act of giving things up to a more positive commitment to take up new things, or practices;

constant meditation
slowing down
giving one-pointed attention
putting the welfare of others first
deeper spiritual companionship
reading from the scriptures
and mystics of all religions
greater sharing of my gifts 

  
And you?
If you want distinctive nature, documentary or portrait photography--
photography with soul that inspires you to live a more artful and beautiful life,
please contact me.
 

3 comments:

  1. Great. Thank You for reminding what is really important. Hope more people would do the same (including myself...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Bruce ! I'm so with you on your resolution to to focus on love, compassion and the things that really make us and those around us happy !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this is all valuable but more so as a way of life, not as a temporary commitment of calendar. the word practice is all muscle, isn't it? it is every day.

    i love how the light in your photograph draws the person on the journey onward.

    xo
    erin

    ReplyDelete

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...