Saturday, November 20, 2010

Shoot Me

If I ever, ever, ever say I am going to participate in an Arts & Crafts Fair I want you to say, "Bruce. What are you CRAZY!"

Self Portrait with the help on my #1 Son, Daryl.
Years ago, but not so many years ago, I commuted from Western Massachusetts to New York City a few days a week as a print sales person for one of the largest printing companies in the world.

Often, I would bring my daughter, Danielle (and sometimes a friend of her's) or my son, Daryl. And they would come with me on appointments at my customers: Conde Nast, Book of the Month Club, Columbia House, Reader's Digest, Vibe Magazine.

And we would always make time to visit galleries and museums--and have lunch! I'll never forget the time Daryl came with me to Reader's Digest (the NYC office) and my customer, Stacy, Daryl and I had lunch at Mesa Grill--Daryl was I think about 12 at the time and ate his whole lunch; pasta with seafood and then after saying goodby to Stacy, a dear friend, the two of us went to the Museum of Natural History.

Ah. But this featured self-portait (I took self-portratits at every art show I went to!) was taken at The Metropolitan Museum of Art--with Daryl's help.

Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...