Friday, June 21, 2013

It's Hip To Be Square

I love a square format.

One of my favorite portraits, "Portrait of Hannah," I had printed and framed in a square format.


And the photographs I was commissioned to take
of a country estate in Connecticut 
are in a square format.
Four 48 x 48 framed prints
hang in the home's grand hallway.



So when I learned from my photographer friend, Lara Rossignol, about a printing
company in Denver named Artifact Uprising, a company
"inspired by the disappearing beauty
of the tangible / bettered by a community of inspired
storytellers / driven by the belief everyone has a story to tell," 
I was excited to learn more.
And what is more, they print on
Mohawk Options 100% Post Consumer Recycled. FSC Certified. Acid Free.
 Manufactured with Windpower. 

Different hard and softcover book sizes are available,
in addition to other beautiful products.
But as I said 
"It's hip to be square."

My first book is called "May."


I order a few extra copies to use as a marketing tool,
promoting my nature, portrait and documentary photography
to editorial photography editors.

Of course there is a portrait of Nadine and Freddy!


And there is nature photography:


Oh! And there is people photography, too!


There is more, of course, some 40 pages of beautiful photography.

I plan to create a new "square" marketing book every month.
The next one to be named "June."

I'll probably also create one of the work I have done for
interior designers and furniture manufacturers,
specifically targeted to those industries.

I am very happy with my square book from Artifact Uprising and look 
what came with my book "May:"


I could not be happier.
If you are looking for distinctive portrait,
nature, or documentary photography,
or someone you know is looking
for photography that helps to create
a more artful and beautiful life,
please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...