Thursday, September 2, 2010

Purple Palette

Victorian Purple. From Benjamin Moore.

I finished painting the second coat of Victorian Purple on our home's four outside doors yesterday. I think it is rather beautiful. This is our "side" door; the door we use most often:

Side Door with Flowers. Photo by Bruce Barone.  
I liked the way the color looked so much I decided to paint a small table in the backyard.

Table with Zinnias. Photo by Bruce Barone.
Minutes after painting the table I noticed our pink wheelbarrow (So much depends upon a pink wheelbarrow!) looking a bit forlorn. I painted it, too, Victorian Purple.

Purple Wheelbarrow. Photo by Bruce Barone.
And I saw that Victorian Purple was good. Beautiful. And I said, "What else needs to be painted Victorian Purple?" And I saw our Garden Oar and I said, "Let this, too, be painted."

Self-Portrait with Garden Oar.
And it was so. And I saw everything that I had painted, and behold, it was good. It was beautiful.

What is beautiful in your life? Please share with me.

If you would like to fill your home with beautiful photographs, or need a portrait, a wedding photographed or if you are an interior designer and need photographs of your projects, contact me for a consultation.

Drawing on that degree in Art History, a passion for telling stories, and years working as a portrait and documentary photographer (And owning an Art Gallery) helps me bring a heightened sensitivity to my photography. Let's make the world a more beautiful place! 

3 comments:

  1. How fun...and my favorite color to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruce I love this color and everything you have painted!! Thank you for commenting on my art!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple, and I think it's great that you're painting everything that doesn't move Victorian Purple :-)

    Kelly @ DesignTies

    ReplyDelete

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...