Friday, January 28, 2011

A Poem & A Photo

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake
To ask if there is some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

"Stopping By The Woods on a Snowy Evening"
~Robert Frost

Photo by Bruce Barone.
Do you enjoy reading the poems by Robert Frost?
I would love to hear from you!

If you want events in your life documented or are looking for distinctive nature, portrait or wedding photography--photography with soul that inspires you
to live a more artful and beautiful life,

3 comments:

  1. A lovely intermission from the not so lovely task of paying bills. Thanks for the break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can smell the trees.

    How do you do it?

    Garden & Be Well, XO T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Torrie, I am happy to hear it.

    Tara, I believe I have been given a gift.

    ReplyDelete

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...