Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Beautiful Days

WOW! When I woke this morning I remembered when I went to bed it was thundering, lightening, and raining. And now a few steps out the door I was met by the Rose of Sharon awash in last night's storm.
A few more steps and I was in our backyard on my way to photograph the tomatoes which now in mid-August are finally turning red  (Soon I will be making fresh tomato sauce! The other night, it was Shrimp Scampi and Pesto! Last night it was Tuna, Cannellini Bean, Orange, Fennel Salad! Tonight? Five Spice Turkey Burgers With Wasabi Sauce!).
But before I photograph the tomatoes, which I can barley see as they are so hidden in the blaze of leaves, a butterfly makes this morning's moments of beauty ever more so:
The bright--the FUN--color of the hundreds of zinnias reminds me of this past weekend's family get-together and little Lola's red hair:
A bottle of gin on the kitchen counter. Tonic. Limes. A serving bowl of Sangria. Outside children in the pool. A whiff of kielbasa cooking on the grill. Beer. Wines (Made by the host!). Water. Soda. Chips. It is an annual summer party. Susan and I talk with Shelia. We love Shelia. Here, meet Shelia:
And now a wedding awaits us. My niece. Sara. August 20. Another party. Another beautiful day awaits us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...