Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Halloween Children's Story

"The Green Ribbon"
 
Once there was a girl named Jenny.
She was like all the other girls,
Except for one thing.
She always wore a green ribbon
Around her neck.
There was a boy named Alfred
In her class.
Alfred liked Jenny,
And Jenny liked Alfred.
One day he asked her,
"Why do you wear that ribbon
All the time?"
"I cannot tell you," said Jenny.
But Alfred kep asking,
"Why do you wear it?"
And Jenny would say,
"It is not important."
Jenny and Alfred grew up
And fell in love.
One day they got married.
After the wedding,
Alfred said,
"Now that we're married,
"You must tell me
About the green ribbon."
"You still must wait,"
Said Jenny.
"I will tell you
When the right time comes."
Years passed.
Alfred and Jenny grew old.
One day Jenny became very sick.
The doctor told her
She was dying.
Jenny called Alfred to her side.
"Alfred," she said,
Now I can tell you
About the green ribbon.
Untie it,
And you will see
Why I could not tell you before."
Slowly and carefully,
Alfred untied the ribbon,
And Jenny's head fell off.
 
Have you read this story?
I would love to hear from you!
It's one of my favorites!
 
I read it to my children all the time!
 
 
If you want distinctive nature, documentary or portrait photography--photography with soul that inspires you to live a more artful and beautiful life, please contact me. Thank You!

4 comments:

  1. I must have heard it before because as soon as I read about the ribbon I knew her head would fall off but I can't recall where and how or when I first heard it. Or even that I did. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've never heard this one. Poor Jenny.
    But Happy Halloween to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this... Your photographs are simply BEAUTIFUL, BEUATIFUL, BEAUTIFUL!

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Satia, I had posted it years ago on Live Journal.

    Thanks Pamela!

    Thank You Maria. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...