Sunday, February 6, 2011

A True Story for Super Bowl Sunday

I was born in Teaneck, New Jersey. I attended Lowell Elementary School, Thomas Jefferson Junior High School, and Teaneck High School--for one year, my sophomore.

And then my family moved to Ramsey, New Jersey. I tried out for the football team weeks before we moved to our new home. Weeks past, months, and then came our Thanksgiving Day Game.

And here is the promised story, quoted from the newspaper:

"Just when things looked blackest for The Rams, a 5-8, 145-pound junior named Bruce Barone had his moment of glory and it brightened up the gloomy morning for the Blue & Gold backers. Minutes into the second half the fans along the sideline began to cheer when he hauled in the kickoff at the eight, raced up the middle of the field and, just as he got in heavy traffic, cut to his left and sped down the sidelines for a 92-yard touchdown scamper. It would be a game that everyone connected to The Rams would remember."
Bruce Barone.
 Months later, I would be elected student council president. And captain the track team.

Which reminds, I need to get back in shape; my daughter's wedding is only a few months away!

Did you participate in sports in high school?
Student government?
I would love to hear from you!


If you want events in your life documented or are looking for distinctive nature, portrait or wedding photography--photography with soul that inspires you
to live a more artful and beautiful life,

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful story - great image!

    Enjoy your Superbowl Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the story and the smiling football player! We need to see that smile, more often, in your self-portraits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did Andy Warhol say about 15 minutes?

    I know what you mean about the wedding. Our daughter was married here on the farm in August 2009, and for several months I was motivated to work out, big time. That lasted about . . . 15 minutes too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great story, and photo!

    Yes- we have an October wedding (which I will be in), which is motivating me to get into shape. I can't decide which is motivating me more- the wedding, or simply fitting back into some of my clothes!

    I did not participate in sports or the student government... I was pretty quiet back then, and chose to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible. Good luck in getting back to the gym!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww bruce what a great story!

    now get out and run 92 yards as fast as you can!

    xo
    janet

    ReplyDelete

An Anniversary

  Valentine's Day is around the corner and I like to share with you a love story. Fourteen years ago on February 9, Susan and I met at t...